- This event has passed.
COLLECTIVE PRESENCING: Free calls & experiential learning retreat
9 November @ 9:30 am - 11 November @ 4:00 pm
resonance and coherence,
towards mature response and collective insight
Two free online calls: Sept. 25 & Oct. 15 (zoom) + In person Gathering: 9-11 of Nov. (Belgium)
Calls will happen between 8pm – 10pm, CET. To register for the call(s), click the participation link below!
How can the capacity of co-regulating inform, be practiced and guide us in co-creating a healthy path forward?
If we are to learn not merely to ‘deal’ with complexity, not-knowing and uncertainty, but to thrive in them and unearth their possibilities, we first need to recognise our initial reactions (overwhelm, fear, numbness, etc.), then understand what we need to do to return to our centre. Trauma healing tells us that the quickest way back from triggered emotions is through the body of another.
This is co-regulation: a deep, active listening and witnessing that holds keys to our future survival. Actively seeking-finding-sensing-experiencing the resonance and coherence – between the people gathered and the wider context in which we find ourselves – promises to bring us the ability to respond with maturity at the same time as furnishing emergent insights.
FREE ONLINE CALLS: Sept. 25 & Oct.15 (on zoom), from 20.00 – 22.00 CET, Brussels time (11am PDT, 2pm EDT)
We offer these free calls as an intro to the gathering in Nov., but also as a short collective practice in being present together, and share and talk from that space.
Program of the calls:
– Framing: how do we see the link between co-regulating as a healing practice and the next step towards co-creating a healthy path forward?
– Check-in round
– Introduction to co-regulation (+/- 15min.)
– Circle conversation around a question like: What happens when I want to be present, and my body has a mind of its own?
– Check-out round
You are free to join one or both calls – whatever fits your schedule. We will send you an email with the Zoom link in time!
Your hosts: Rachel Castagne & Ria Baeck
GATHERING – an experiental learning retreat: 9 – 11 of Nov. (Belgium, near Antwerp)
Some extra questions we are holding:
– If our heads would really understand, and our bones could really trust co-regulation would it not strengthen our collective muscle of generative dialogue, even in stressful situations – of which there will be plenty in the future?
– Physical contact, the ‘body of another’ can bring ease, but can ‘leaning into the field’ also be a form of co-regulation to release tensions and move us to next steps to take?
– If it takes a village to raise a child, would it not take a generative group of aware people to hold a world in crisis and support the babysteps of what comes next?
* Based on the framework and practice of Collective Presencing, as articulated by Ria Baeck. At the minimum you have read the intro articles or best the whole book.
* Experiential: we will dive into the essence of this collective practice and embody and experience it during these 3 days. We all can build on our experience with circle practice (or another form of dialogue) and our unique sensing capacities.
* Learning: We see Collective Presencing as an emerging human capacity. Together we will focus on the guiding question: How can the capacity of co-regulating inform, be practiced and guide us in co-creating a healthy path forward?
* A retreat, in a beautiful place with great gardens; with time to be outside and integrate the place in our quest.
Dates and times: from Saturday, Nov.9, 9.30am till Monday, Nov.11, 4pm. This retreat is non-residential; although we will have dinner together (Sat. & Sun) at 6pm. We will provide lodging addresses in the neighborhood for those who don’t live around.
Location: Percoplek Nijlen, Herenthoutsesteenweg 196, 2560 Nijlen – close to Antwerp. We will arrange trips from and to Nijlen train station, only a couple of min.
Payment: We hold the principle that everyone who wants to participate should be able to do so regardless of their financial situation.Therefore we use the Shared Economy model. This is a cooperative, responsibility-based approach to fund the gathering where the community as a whole holds the financial responsibility, and not just the organising team. Taking into consideration the costs of the event and one’s own financial resources, each participant is invited to identify what they can pay.
How it works: You pay a first part upfront, at registration to secure your place, and a second part at the end of the retreat.
** First part: for venue, catering and minimal contribution to organising, hosting & facilitating the gathering: 250,- €, including VAT, to pay when you register.
If this is above your current budget, you can open a conversation with us and we will see what is possible.
** Second part: The 2nd part will be decided by yourself during the retreat and covers the hosting fees for the team. We will give time and attention during our days together to have this conversation and explain this model. You will then decide what the gathering is worth to you, what you can contribute and how we cover the budget.
More information needed? contact ria at percolab.com